Have you ever gone to a restaurant or shop and tried to redeem a coupon only to find that you cannot find that little piece of paper? Have you ever tried to print a coupon from the internet but you have run out of ink?
Both things have happened to me and I can tell, you, I was not happy. Thankfully, Google has come to the rescue again. Mobile coupons, coupons that are delivered directly to your cell phone, are nothing new, but now all businesses, no matter your size, have the opportunity to use this service for free.
Back in November, 2009, Google introduced the mobile coupon option to their Google Local Business Center listings. This service provides any business that has a Google local listing the ability to cost effectively use mobile marketing. Why is this so important? Well, appx. 87% of US residents own a cell phone and this is increasing. Using this service allows any business, small or large to take the first steps into being accessible by mobile.
[If you haven't seen one yet, this is a Google Local Listing.]
Could you use this service to promote your business? Can we help you to optimize this opportunity? Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Make Google Place Pages your business’ megaphone (Google LatLong) (techmeme.com)
- Google’s Place Pages Get New Features (marketingpilgrim.com)
- Google Adds Real-Time Updates from Business Owners to Place Pages (readwriteweb.com)
- Google Puts Coupons on Your Phone so You Can Forget the Scissors [Saving Money] (lifehacker.com)
- Mobile QR Codes and Google Local Business Center – perhaps, the missing link needed for Social Media Measurement (webmetricsguru.com)
- 100 Listings Per Google Local Business Center (seroundtable.com)
- Google “Twitterizes” its Merchant Profile Pages (blogs.praized.com)
- Google Lures Local Businesses With Place Pages Bait (mashable.com)
*Photo credit: stevendamron